- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs (any type you prefer)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic/4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6-8 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- Marinara/Alfredo Sauce (for dipping)
- Grease a slow cooker.
- Cut each cheese stick into 6 pieces. Place on a plate uncovered and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, egg, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, continue to combine until well mixed.
- Shape the meat mixture into ~4” balls.
- Remove the cheese sticks from the freezer and gently push a piece of cheese into the center of each prepared meatball.
- Continue to roll the meatball in your hands until the cheese hole is completely covered.
- Place the prepared meatballs into the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours. Hint – when done, the meat will no longer be pink.
- Serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce!
Yields ~ 2 dozen
You can never go wrong, bringing an appetizer of cheesy meatballs to your next get together!