- 7 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted (approximately 1 ½ lbs.)
- 1 ¼ cups Butter or Margarine, softened
- 18 oz. Peanut Butter (crunchy or smooth, your choice…)
- 36 oz. (3 bags) Chocolate Morsels (semisweet, milk, dark, white, peanut butter, your choice…)
- Crushed Peanuts (optional)
- Using a mixer, combine half of the Powdered Sugar, Butter/Margarine and Peanut Butter. Mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover and Chill.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the remaining Powdered Sugar, Butter/Margarine and Peanut Butter.
- Combine 1 cup of Chocolate Morsels with ~ ½ tsp. of shortening. Melt using the microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between each until smooth.
- Dip each ball in the melted Chocolate until fully coated and place back onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top of each ball with Crushed Peanuts (optional)
- Continue to melt Chocolate and dip each ball until all are coated.
- Allow to set until the Chocolate hardens.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container (that is if they last that long…)
Yields ~ 7 dozen
Best when made & shared with loved ones!