• 2 cups Flour
• 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
• ¾ tsp. Salt
• ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
• 1 cup Sugar
• ¾ cup Milk (type of your choice)
• ½ cup Yogurt, plain
• ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
• ¼ cup Lemon Juice
• Zest of 1 large or 2 small Lemons
• 1 tsp. Vanilla
• ½ cup Powdered Sugar (optional)
• 1-2 tbsp. Milk (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Grease a regular size loaf pan.
• In a large bowl, combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Baking Soda, and Sugar.
• In a separate bowl, whisk the Milk, Yogurt, Vegetable Oil, Lemon Juice, and Vanilla.
• Combine the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients. Zest the Lemon(s) onto the batter. Stir until evenly mixed.
• Spread the prepared batter into the loaf pan.
• Place into oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
• Allow to cool.
• Optional – Combine the Powdered Sugar and Milk; stir until it reaches the consistency of a glaze you prefer. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled loaf and sprinkle with additional Lemon Zest.
Makes 1 Loaf