- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 20 oz. Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce (15 oz.)
- 8 Cheese Wraps (parmesan or mozzarella)
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- 60 slices Turkey Pepperoni
- 2 tsp. Oregano, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Bacon Bits, optional
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat Olive Oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the Italian Turkey Sausage and cook until browned. (Note: remove the sausage casing so it is being cooked as ground sausage)
- Add the Pizza Sauce, mix and simmer for 5 minutes. The sauce will become slightly thickened.
- Cut 4 Cheese Wraps in half. Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with the cut Cheese Wraps, aligning the straight edges with the sides of the baking dish and covering the middle.
- Spread half of the prepared Italian Turkey Sausage/Pizza Sauce mixture over the Cheese Wraps.
- Top with 1 cup shredded Mozzarella.
- Top with approximately 30 slices of Turkey Pepperoni
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp. Oregano
- Cut the remaining 4 Cheese Wraps and place onto to make another layer. Spread the remaining Italian Turkey Sausage/Pizza Sauce Mixture. Top with the remaining 1 cup shredded Mozzarella and the remaining 30 Turkey Pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tsp. Oregano and the Bacon Bits (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is browned and bubbling.
- Allow to cool and set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy with Grated Parmesan, optional.
Serves ~ 5-6
Delicious alternative to the traditional pizza! And it’s low carb!