Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 Egg Yolk, large
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Food Coloring, optional
Sugar Cookie Steps
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang.
- Using a mixer, combine the Butter and Sugar on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the Egg, Egg Yolk, and Vanilla Extract and continue mixing for another minute.
- In a separate bowl, stir the Flour, Cornstarch, Baking Powder, and Salt.
- Slowly add the mixture of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a thick dough is formed.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The edges should become slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a mixer, beat the Butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add 1 cup Powdered Sugar and 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1 cup Powdered Sugar, 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream, Vanilla Extract, Salt, and Food Coloring (if using). Mix until the consistency of frosting is achieved; light and fluffy. Note: all Food Coloring should be absorbed. Add more as necessary to achieve desired color.
- Once the Sugar Cookies have cooled completely, remove from the pan.
- Frost the Sugar Cookies in an even layer using a butter knife of baking spatula.
- Scatter Sprinkles of your choice atop.
- Slice and Share!
Yields ~ 2 dozen
Rolling or Cutting not required!